Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Project ideas for the home and garden

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Its been a quiet week for me online. My dad came out for a visit turning this week into a vacation of sorts. But we did manage to put together a quick project for tomorrows video.

Heres what some of you have been up to. Definitely a lot of springtime projects getting made.

Last year I made a picnic tote for storing paper plates and a keeping paper napkins from blowing away. Bill Wilson made this one double sided for holding condiments and utensils.



*****
Heres a project Ive recently added to my to-do list. Ron Ward made this sign post for his yard with all different sign shapes pointing to important and memorable places in his life. I just love this idea.



*****
If you are looking for a very simple project to get you into the yard this spring, try making my 2x4 garden bench. You can build it in a weekend. I love seeing how people have modified it too. Check out
Horatiu Simions version in Romania. Love the bright paint and storage area.



*****
Have you tried any pallet projects yet? Heres Arnold Knoches take on my rustic potting bench. These things are really fun to make.


*****
And heres a good idea from Bill Kirbym, who made this shoe rack using reclaimed pallet wood. The butterflies and details on this really set it apart. 



*****
Of course,  just because its spring doesnt mean you cant make indoor projects! Gregory Morel made one of my charging stations using plywood and exotic lumber. That combination is always interesting.



*****

Finally, I wanted to show off some projects from 16-year-old Connor Mcallister in Australia. He recently got a lathe and turned this honey dipper. I told him that is one of those projects I think about every single time i turn something on my lathe. One of these days maybe Ill actually make one!


Connor also took and old wardrobe and converted it into an aviary for his grandfather using pallet wood for the doors. Way to go man. 




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment